Bela Electronic Designs was formed in 1984. Since then our growth has been consistent and the company has developed a strong recognition in the design and manufacturing sectors.
Operating from our purpose built facility in Kempston on the outskirts of Bedford our facilities allow us to develop business opportunities with new and existing customers offering a wide range of processes with flexible manufacturing capacity and technical expertise.
Bela has experienced an increase in business of over 50% during the last 3 years by offering our services to an ever widening market place across more industry sectors.
To support this growth Bela invested in a Hanel Lean lift Automated Stores Retrieval System in April 2014. The system provides us with over 700 sq feet of storage space on a foot print of only 2.8m x 2.7m and 5.2m high. The system allows us to retrieve material via wireless barcode readers linked to a new MRP system which was also installed in April.
The new MRP system from FactoryMaster allows Bela to integrate material control with our customers’ requirements and allows our staff to select and process kit parts effectively, accurately and efficiently. The system comes with the added benefit of offering absolute component traceability via batch code that will benefit all of our customers.
To support our increased manufacturing throughout Bela also upgraded its PCB cleaning facility by installing a Miele IR6002 Aqueous PCB automated cleaning system and an Ascon VP800 vapour phase oven.
In 2017 and 2018 Bela continued its investment programme by purchasing two Mycronic SMD towers 6150 with a total combined capacity for the retrieval of 1300 SMD reels at a touch of a button.
We have continued with our investment in 2019 with the purchase of a Nordson Explorer 1 X-ray machine and the latest Norsdson 3D AOI.
Our Commitment To You
Our commitment is to provide professional Design and Manufacturing services to the Electronics and Engineering sectors.
To maintain long term partnerships with our customers, built on trust, added value, service and flexibility.
Our objective is to offer our customers a dedicated contract electronic manufacturing service resulting in the supply of quality products from pre-production prototypes to full production runs.
- We are fully committed to providing you with the highest quality engineered and electronic solutions.
- You can be confident that we will listen to your requirements to ensure the solution you receive will be fully tailored to meet your needs.
- You can be assured of always receiving a prompt and courteous response to your enquiries from our well-trained and helpful team, so you will never have to chase us for a response to your order.
- We have fostered solid business relationships with our suppliers in order to provide you with a robust, reliable and repeatable service.
- Your deadlines are our priority, and we will ensure you are kept informed with regular communications in face to face meetings and personal communications.
- We will be honest, truthful and up front with you at all times and ensure that promises are kept.
- We are a learning company, and believe in investing in staff. We strive to train all staff in new processes and people management to ensure you receive the highest of standards in every aspect of the business.
- We will continue to invest in new, hi-tech plant and equipment to maintain a competitive advantage in the market place, ensuring you receive the highest of quality at all times.
- Your business will not be taken for granted. Your custom is greatly valued and the team is fully aware we must earn the right to have you as our customer. Our aim is to exceed your level of expectations at all times throughout our business relationship, which is why we always welcome your feedback to constantly develop our service to you.
Our Guarantee To You
- You will always receive an honest, efficient service, and we ensure that we will do our utmost to keep you informed of production and delivery progress.
- All manufactured products are guaranteed for a period of 12 months from date of delivery.
- If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with any of our products and services, please give us the opportunity to rectify them. If we then fall short of your expectations, and we are unable to repair or replace, we promise to refund your purchase price in full.